Background

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 3

"For a dreamer, night's the only time of day. "

So today was another wonderful day!  Today was my university band's concerto competition concert.  We had a whole slew of amazing soloists.  4 students, a horn, a mezzo-soprano, a bass and a percussionist performing on marimba.  We also had a spectacular trumpet professor play and my, oh my...talk about impressive! 

I decided today at dinner to give my performance to God.  I played my best concert ever.

Sure, I flubbed up in a couple of places, but I moved on, giggled to myself about it and rocked the next part!  I'm so happy with how I played today that I'm less worried about my performances later this semester.  Praise Jesus!  :D

I have something from a book that someone gave me yesterday that kind of speaks to how I've been feeling lately:  "for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared."  Proverbs 3:26

I've decided to start taking my life one step at a time...but I'm a multi-tasker, so I believe in categorizing these tasks ;p  So, for now, I am not overwhelmed with the items on my plate, I have a lot to do, a lot going on, but I'm doing what I can to accomplish my obligations as they come to me so soon enough, with God's strength holding me firm, I'll get to where I need to be at just the right time.  :) 

So get what you need to get done and keep on dreaming.  

"Santa Fe, my old friend/I can't spend my whole life hiding/You're the only light that's guiding me today/Will you keep a candle burning?/Will you help me find my way?/You're my chance to break free/And who knows when my next one will be?/Santa Fe, wait for me...  "

Someday it will all be as it's meant to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment