Background

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 5

"So, Pan,' said Hook at last, 'this is all your doing.'
Ay, James Hook,' came the stern answer, 'it is all my doing.'
Proud and insolent youth,' said Hook, 'prepare to meet thy doom.'
Dark and sinister man,' Peter answered, 'have at thee."

Today, my thunder was stolen...not once...TWICE!  There is a Thunder Thief amongst us and I shall be the bigger person and......steal their thunder next time!

Well, this week is about wrapped up.  Have any fun weekend plans? 

I hope to learn a lot about myself and my relationship with God this weekend, maybe even my proper place in the grand scheme of things.  After all, isn't that the point?  One of my dear friends has orchestrated a women's conference for Friday evening and Saturday and I am oh, so very excited to attend! 

On the other hand, I sure do miss my dog at home.  The dumb thing probably doesn't even realize I'm gone!  She is so great, such a stress reliever.  She just is...she doesn't change for anyone, doesn't try to be something or someone she's not, she just lives to do her own thing, to come when she's called (sometimes ;p), to sit on your lap and chase her tail.  I can't help but to smile when I see her.  She is one of those "is she so ugly she's cute or is she just cute because she's small" kind of creatures, with a body twice as long as her legs and a neck longer than a giraffe's.  Ah, the simple pleasures.

I am not a morning person.  Why am I going to become a teacher, again?  Why would I study and work wicked hard for forever to get a degree to have a job that I will be nearly guaranteed to never sleep in past 6am...nice...good thinking, Stephanie!   Be jealous of my rock-star think-it-through skills.  I know I'm awesome.  Well, I guess that is what weekends are for...assuming I don't teach or have to be obligated to assist high school where they have weekend band camps.  Yea, let's not think about that one right now ;p

Well.  I think I'll leave you with a little more Peter Pan.  I less-than-three Peter Pan...every movie, children's book and of course the real novel...ever!  LESS THAN THREE!  ;p

Oh, my dog's name is Tink...short for Tinker Bell, but I call her Squeakum.  She makes funny sounds.

"So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!"

I hope you live every moment you're given in your very own Never Never Land.  


1 comment: