Background

Friday, June 24, 2011

The EXCITMENT!

Hey!

I am excited.  I am excited to finally have a family vacation again.  I don't remember the last time the family...including dad...got to get out, go somewhere and do something new!  I haven't seen my grandparents on my dad's side since I was about 15 years old!  I can not wait to see them again! 

We are taking a train earl-ay in dee mornin' (in your best pirate impression to the tune of yo-ho yo-ho a pirate's life for me) to Charlotte, NC.  We will spend the day there..."Charlotte's got a lot" so they say and we'll catch a plane to Vegas early tomorrow evening.  We will then drive to Utah from Vegas...we land around 10:30pm.  We'll drive through the night to a national park depending on when they open and we'll meet my grandparents that afternoon/evening in a KOA kampground in Brigham City, UT (about an hour North of Salt Lake City).  We'll spend 3 nights in UT with my G's and see everything we can...Salt Lake City, more Nat'l parks and most importantly: each other! 

After Utah, we'll drive (the 12ish hours) to Napa, CA.  My sister is now working in the Bouchon Bakery in Yountville.  We'll see her, go to the Jelly Belly jelly bean factory (I was the jellybean person once in a school play...a spoof on the X-Files where I was a version of the cigarette man), eat at the Bouchon, go to St. Helena, be surprised on my sister's secret day and of course, visit San Francisco!  I am very excited! 

On our way out from CA, we'll visit Yosemite National Park on our way back to the Vegas area, where we'll spend a couple more days visiting the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam. 

I just might be already dreading the journey home...and work...ick.  I can't do that yet!  :D  Instead, I'll sit in my chair and vibrate with my excitement for a few hours more until lunch and then until the end of my all-too-long work day. 

Well, I will continue updating with pics (if I can figure out how ;p) and verbiage!  Ooh, I also start 2 online classes right smack-dab in the middle of my trip!  Send me some positive vibes and you-can-do-it's during my trip too please! 

Love & Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment